MWSS Regulatory Office encourages its employees to wear purple every Friday of March to support the government’s international commitments on gender and development and promote and advocate women’s rights.
Pursuant to Proclamation No. 224 s. 1988 declaring the first week of March each year as Women’s Week and March 8 as Women’s Rights and International Peace Day and Proclamation No. 227 s. 1988 providing for the observance of the month of March as Women’s Role in History Month and Republic Act 6949 s. 1990 declaring March 8 of every year as National Women’s Day, the MWSS Regulatory Office has prepared and approved activities related to the theme “We Make Change Work for Women”, which shall be used from 2017-2022.
Among the activities are:
- Kick off and Announcements of Activities
- International Women’s Day – Appreciation Day and National Women’s Month Conference
- Film Showing on gender-related movies
- Seminars such as Breast and Cervical Cancer Awareness, Sexual Harassment Awareness and Krav Maga (Self-Defense) to increase one’s overall safety in any situation
- Closing Program of the National Women’s Month Celebration