In accordance with the provisions of Rep. Act No. 9485 or the “Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007,” the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System-Regulatory Office (MWSS-RO) promulgates its Citizen’s Charter as a means to promote integrity, accountability, proper management of its affairs, and to establish effective practices aimed at improving its level of service in accordance to its mandate.
We, the officials and employees of the MWSS-RO, in the spirit of public service, affirm our sworn duties to serve the citizenry with utmost responsibility, integrity, loyalty, efficiency, act with patriotism and justice.
With the guidance of the Almighty, we pledge to:
- Serve our stakeholders especially you our customers promptly, efficiently and effectively with due courtesy.
- Observe set standards of service quality.
- Provide comfortable customer service areas and frontline personnel to attend immediately to customer’s needs.
- Provide a feedback system to assess the quality of service rendered and make improvements, if necessary; and
- Assess our systems and procedures based on our stakeholders feedback on our performance.
These, we pledge, with the goal and commitment of improving the MWSS-RO public service delivery in the name of transparency, accountability and quality service to our stakeholders.
Vision and Mission Statements
A world class and independent Regulatory Office that equitably protects the interests of the consuming public and other stakeholders to continuous and sustainable supply of potable water and environmentally sound sewerage system.
To monitor the compliance of Concessionaires with their contractual obligations, enforce standards of service to Customers and determine reasonable rates in the delivery of water and sewerage services.
Patriotism: “We love our country; We serve to promote its common good.”
Integrity and Professionalism: “We work with honor and excellence.”
Participatory Governance: “We value the collective ideas of everyone.”
Transparency and Accountability: “We provide timely and accurate reports to our stakeholders.”