Building Water Conservation Tips:
- Keep the plumbing system in good working condition
- Recycle water from steam boilers as boiling feedwater or use them to flush toilets or for cleaning/mopping floors.
- Install meters on areas with high water consumption to allow determination of any reduction in consumption when water reduction programs are put in place.
- Install shut-off on water hoses or low volume/high pressure nozzles (LVHP) or flow constrictors on faucets and showers to save on water
- Install water catchment basins on downspouts and air conditioning systems and use the residual water to water plants
- Close water gate valves when not in use (e.g., Saturdays and Sundays)
- Give only the right amount of water to customers who request for water and use the residual water to water plants or to clean building surroundings or floors.
- Post water conservation tips on conspicuous places within the building
- Immediately report any unabated leaks to your water concessionaire
Maynilad @ hotline number 1626
Manila Water @ hotline number 1627
- Repair running toilets and leaky faucets;
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, washing your hands, and shaving;
- Take shorter showers;
- Don’t let the water run unabated while you wash dishes;
- When taking a bath, use dipper from pail instead of running water from shower;
- Collect the water you use for rinsing fruits and vegetables, then reuse it to water houseplants;
- Designate one glass for your drinking water each day or refill a water bottle. This will cut down on the number of glasses to wash;
- Teach your children to turn off faucets tightly after each use; and
- Share water conservation tips with friends and neighbors.
- Water your plants and lawn early in the morning or late in the afternoon when it’s cooler. Don’t water your plants during windy days or high noon;
- Don’t water your lawn often. Never soak your lawn; grass does not need a lot of water;
- Use pail and dipper instead of sprinklers when watering plants;
- When cleaning your sidewalk or driveway, use a broom instead of a hose;
- Reduce the amount of grass in your yard by planting shrubs, and ground cover with rock and granite mulching;
- Use a pail and cotton rag when washing your car. Do not use a running hose and sponge;
- Immediately report to concerned concessionaire any water leaks from busted pipes, pilferage, etc;
- Use recycled water (e.g., water used in dish-washing) for watering plants; and
- Collect water from your roof to water your garden.